Noise Prediction for Industry and Wind Turbines
The setup includes an unregistered Free license for iNoise V2023 that is valid until 1-1-2024. All users with a registered Free license of previous versions of iNoise are advised to register again to receive a new registered Free license. Users with a purchased license on iNoise Pro V2022 or iNoise Enterprise V2022 which is not yet expired, can use their existing license files for V2023.
Changes in iNoise 2023 compared to iNoise 2022.11
New and improved functionality
- ISO 9613: Table of Windturbine results now supports V10 wind speeds.
- ISO 9613: Table of Windturbine results now supports groups of windturbines.
- ISO 9613: Valley correction for windturbine is not applied in case of screening.
- ISO 9613: When selecting a turbine from the windurbine catalogue in the wind turbine item form, the name of the wind turbine in the catalogue is added in the item description field.
- New Import and Export formats: ESRI File Geodatabase (*.gdb), GeoPackage-file (*.gpkg) and GML-file (*.gml).
- Selection of height definition when exporting items.
- Option to provide the EPSG code in the model info. The EPSG code will be used to convert the coordinates when importing items.
- New option in the quick links tab page of the side bar to lock and unlock a model (read-only).
- Group name as selectable column in the Table of Results.
- ISO 9613 1/3 octaves: Emitting roof. When selecting dB(Z) values for indoor level the text in the table showed dB(A).
- Harmonoise: In some case further away then 5000 meter from a source high levels were calculated.
- Menu option ‘Catalogues | Windturbines…’ was not working.
- The Rotate option produced a wrong horizontal emission direction for a point source.
- In some cases the contours of a vertical grid were not shown in the 3D View.
Changes in iNoise 2022.11 compared to iNoise 2022.1
New and improved functionality
- When changing non-acoustic properties of Buildings the results are kept.
- Source results for Concawe meteo and C0 based on wind statistics was not possibe.
- Check Items: In the print putput of the menu option ‘Model | Check Model | Items’ the item icons were missing.
- When using the menu option ‘Model | Tile Model’ or the mouse menu option ‘Clip with Polygon’ the height of polylines at the clipping position was set incorrectly.
Changes in iNoise 2022.1 compared to iNoise 2022.01
- ISO 9613 and ISO 9613 1/3 octaves: In some cases the left and right detour around buildings and barriers were not calculated. This could lead to an overestimation of the barrier effect.
- ISO 9613 1/3 octaves: Emitting roof. When selecting dB(Z) values for indoor level the text in the table showed dB(A)
- Print Model: Period information was missing in the legend.
- When importing data from GML files (DGMR model data), the height of height lines, height points and items with absolute height was doubled. This issue has been resolved in version V2022.1.
- When inserting shape points in height lines with the mouse, the height of the added point was doubled. This issue has been resolved in version V2022.1.
- Export data to Shape
In Shape files, the points of polygons should rotate clockwise. iNoise now automatically restores a rotation in the opposite direction. This option is also available when changing items and then swapping shape points.
Changes in iNoise 2022.01 compared to iNoise 2022
- Error when importing DWG or DXF files
- In the print output the items were not shown in the legend.
- When using the right mouse click menu option ‘Clip with polygon option’ the clipped nodes were setted to 0m height
- Menu option ‘Edit | Change items | Rotate’ worked in radians. This has been changed to degrees.
Changes in iNoise 2022 compared to iNoise 2021.1
New and improved functionality
- OpenStreetMap import: New Import option for OSM and PBF files from Open Street Map.
- OSM items: New OSM-area, OSM-line and OSM-point items including OSM attributes
- ISO 9613 and ISO 9613 1/3 octaves:
- 3D-directivity for windturbines
- Extra calculation setting ‘Maximum distance to reflector’. For optimization of calcuation speed.
- QSI import: now corrects formatting errors in QSI files generated by other software
- Table of Wind turbine results now also shows the cumulated results of all wind turbines
- New ‘News’ tab page on the side bar.
- The calcuation parameter dialogue has been redesigned. All parameters are now on 1 page.
- Improved performance when opening DXF files when they are located on the local hard drive
- Images from PDF files can now be rotated.
- Wind turbine item: Rotor diameter proporty is disabled when selecting Emission as input type. This proporty should be enabled for all input types because of the IOA-GPG Wind turbine screening limit calculation setting.
- Multi-edit of emitting facades: When editting multiple facades that have the option ‘Indoor-outdoor’ checked you can change the Source power from Lw/m2 to Total Lw. This is wrong as the sound power should stay Lw/m2 for indoor/outdoor sources.
- List of Items: Edit mode can be turned on, but can not be turned off
- Print model: Display profiles can be selected but do not work correctly.
- TXT import: If the TXT file does not include a header line, the first line is not imported
- if WMTS or WMS service does not return XML data it resulted in a crash
- If rectangle shaped item is selected it was possible to add or remove nodes.
Minimum system requirements for using iNoise
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows 7/8/10 (x64). The download link contains the 64-bit version of iNoise. If you wish to receive the 32-bit version of the software, please use this link
- dual core processor, such as Intel Core i3, or AMD Phenom X2
- 2 Gb RAM
- With a Pro or Enterprise license (> 2 cores), a quad-core processor and more RAM memory are recommended
- 500 Mb free disk space to install the software
- Additional 100 Mb free disk space for each iNoise project. Larger iNoise projects can take more than 1 Gb of disk space
- OpenGL support for 3D view
- Printer: MS Windows printer
- Internet access to download the software and to check for updates.